Start the New Year in a New School!!
It's not too early... and it's never too late to make the right choice for your child!
Enrollment in the current 2017-18 school year for Milwaukee choice schools only is open December 1, 2017 to January 8, 2018.
School resumes after Christmas break on January 3rd, 2018. Your student may begin attending a LUMIN School, but you must enroll online and submit paperwork by January 8th. Students must be in attendance on Friday, January 12, 2018.
Visit the DPI website to register.
If you have any questions regarding choice program enrollment, please Click Here for LUMIN Schools contact information.
To begin, visit the DPI website: Private School Choice Programs: 2017-18 Student Applications
Under “Related Links” on the left side, select “Parent Application” (this will open a new window)
Click on “Click Here to Enter the Private School Choice Programs System”
- Sign In – Click “Register” to create an account
- Type in your email address (twice) and create a password (twice) – “Save and Continue” (SAVE THIS INFO FOR YOUR RECORDS!) You will then be asked to sign in.
- Once signed in, verify your email address and click “continue”
- It will prompt you to start or continue the application process; click “continue”
Address and School District
- Enter your current address - it will have a drop down box to select your school district. Since you are registering for the MPCP, you will select “Milwaukee” – Click “continue”
- Choose schools in Milwaukee Parental Choice Program
- Click “Add School” and select the LUMIN School of your choice (“Granville Lutheran School”, "Northwest Lutheran School", "Pilgrim Lutheran School", "Sherman Park Lutheran School" or "St. Martini Lutheran School".) To enroll online for "Renaissance School" in the Racine Parental Choice Program, click here.
- Click “Save”
- “Yes, this list is complete”
Parent/Legal Guardian Names
Enter Parent/Guardian Information & Contact Phone number (one phone # is required)
All Children Applying to the MPCP this year
- “Add First Student” Enter information; click “Continue”
- Select the school you are applying to then Click “Continue”
- Prior Year Attendance of (Child’s name)
- This will bring up the following options:
- Public School (This is automatically selected)
- Home based (i.e. Home schooled)
- Private School in WI
- School in another state
- Not enrolled in school during the entire school year (This would be for new K4 students)
If your child(ren) currently attends a LUMIN School, for example, Granville Lutheran, you will select “Private School in Wisconsin” then
select “Granville Lutheran”. (Take care to select your preferred LUMIN School.)
- Once you have filled out all the student information, you may add another child by following the previous steps.
- Once you have entered all students who wish to enroll in choice, select “Yes the list is complete”
Checking Students for Errors
The system will verify to make sure you have entered all your information correctly and prompt you to fix any errors. If there are no errors, click “Continue”
Need for Income-Related Data
The green box will tell you if you need verify income.
This is where you may need to add additional family members who reside at your residence.
Income Determination Method
- If you need to verify income because your student(s) are new to the choice program, you will need to determine if you would like to use the DPI method or DOR method. The website briefly explains what each option means. (*If you apply under the DOR method and you apply incorrectly, you are ineligible to reapply for choice until the 2018-2019 school year.)
- Once you select a method, they will ask for additional information to verify your income for 2016. If you have not filed your taxes, you will need your W2’s. If you have filed your taxes you will need your 1040.
Verify all your information is correct. “Yes, all information is correct”
Submit All Applications
Electronic Signature for: (Child(ren) names)
You will need to check that all the information you submitted is correct. “Submit All Applications”
- Print that page for your records and submit the documentation that is listed on that page to your LUMIN School administrative assistant.
- You will also get an email verifying that your application has been submitted to DPI.