LUMIN Schools will reopen school for the 2020-21 academic year with two options available to families: 1) in-person instruction and 2) online school. All families with children enrolled in a LUMIN School must register their child(ren) for one option. If you are still undecided, there is a place to indicate this on the form.
Once school starts, your child(ren) will be committed to the option they have started until the end of the first trimester in November at which point you will have the option to re-evaluate your choice. The following is a little more detail on each option.
1. Online School
Students registered for this option will participate in school five days each week online. Students will participate in live lessons taught by LUMIN teachers. Students will have daily schedules and assignments just like their in-classroom counterparts. The online school will operate at the same pace and cover the same content as the the traditional school model. When not participating in class, students will have contact with their teacher(s) throughout the day to ensure questions are answered and students are staying on track with their work. Attendance is mandatory and all work is graded.
2. In-Person Responsive School
Students registered for this option will report to school in the building five days each week for a full school day. In-person instruction will start at the end of August unless the health department prevents us from starting in person. If choosing this scenario, students will learn virtually until we are allowed to have students in the building. As soon as we are in the classroom together, new protocols will be in place to keep students and staff healthy and safe. Here are a few examples:
- Temperatures will be checked at the door upon arrival
- All staff and students will wear face coverings (face masks or shields)
- All schools will have a day porter for cleaning throughout the day, and building interiors will be electrostatically sprayed twice per month
- Classrooms will be set up for social distancing, and students will have little to no contact with students from other classes
- Students will eat breakfast and lunch in the classroom instead of common areas
- Middle school students will not change classrooms. Teachers will come to them to minimize hallway contact
Not sure which option to select yet? Please let us know that, too! Select that you are undecided and we will be sure to follow up with you in the days to come to support your decision making process.
Please complete the form below to register your child for one of these options. Note, there is space to register more than one student on a single form. Required fields marked with an asterisk *