Full Time Teaching Position
This position reports to the Principal.
Exempt/Salaried (full time; 10-months; flexibility of hours for some nights and weekend activities)
The Teacher will conduct student instruction, classroom monitoring, behavior modification, and nurturing of students.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Following Christian-based philosophy and principles, plan, prepare and teach the prescribed curriculum for the grade and/or subject areas(s) he or she is teaching.
- Evaluate students on current level and success with current curriculum. Work with parents on areas of needed improvement or additional support.Facilitate student topical groups and offer parent/student and teacher consultation to include referral and education sources as needed.
- Monitoring students during break, lunch and recess.
- Support rotational duties with other teachers such as, but not limited to, before-school supervision, after-school supervision, leading faculty devotions and detention room monitor.
- Provide availability to students, parents, other teachers and administration daily as reasonable and necessary.
Church and Community
- Participate and attend school functions and faculty meetings.
- Participate in faculty devotions.
- Committed to the Scriptures and the teachings of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Experience and Requirements
- Must believe in Christian-based philosophy and principles and extend those to students and families.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
- Teacher will obtain Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction certification and maintain certification through required continuing education courses.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner with a diverse population of children, youth and adults.
- Possess the ability to establish a rapport with youth, parents and other staff, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
- Experience working in an urban school environment, including general knowledge of issues facing at-risk youth, is desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoys collaboration with other disciplines in problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and work in multiple settings and environments.
- Has a personal belief in God’s ability to change lives.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, depending on work task.
- Work will be performed in a school environment.
- Willingness to be outside with students during recess/breaks.
- Clear need to understand and lead efforts in child and school safety.
This position works cooperatively with the Association congregations and/or the Board of Directors staff, parents and students to help the school accomplish its mission of nurturing and equipping all children in a strong Christian and academic environment to become life long learners, growing in faith, capable of making responsible decisions, and serving God and the community in conjunction with the LUMIN Mission - to provide safe, Christian schools focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth.
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of someone in this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. The employee may be asked to perform other duties as required.