Part Time Teacher's Aide Position
This position reports to the Principal.
Non-exempt/Hourly (part time; 10-months; flexibility of hours for some nights and weekend activities).
Our purpose is to provide safe, Christian schools focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth.
This position works cooperatively with leadership of the congregation that owns the school (if any), LUMIN's Board of Directors, school staff, parents and students to help the school accomplish its mission of nurturing and equipping all children in a strong Christian and academic environment to become life long learners, growing in faith, capable of making responsible decisions, and serving God and the community. The Teacher’s Aide will assist the Teacher in the instruction, classroom monitoring, behavior modification, and nurturing of students, as necessary.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Follow Christian-based philosophy and principles to support the teachers as directed. Serve, guide, help, and model faith and spirituality to students.
● Assist teachers in classroom housekeeping and clerical tasks to include, but not be limited to: attendance, copies of tests or material, grading and assisting students with homework.
● Be present and available to all students, faculty and parents.
● Help reinforce the principles and concepts of Teacher. Work one-on-one or in small groups, as directed and needed.
● Work cooperatively and interact positively with students, parents, staff and community.
● Monitor students during break, lunch and recess.
● Participate and attend school functions, devotions, faculty meetings and parent conferences, as applicable.
● Participate in faculty devotions.
● Committed to the Scriptures and the teachings of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Experience and Requirements
● Must believe in Christian-based philosophy and principles and extend those to students and families.
● High school diploma or equivalent required. Post high school education in a related field is desired.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and work in a professional manner with a diverse population of children, youth and adults.
● Possess the ability to establish a rapport with youth, parents and other staff, while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
● Effectively collaborate with other disciplines in problem solving.
● Experience working in an urban school environment, including general knowledge of issues facing at-risk youth, is helpful.
● Excellent communication skills.
● Ability to communicate and work in multiple settings and environments.
● Has a personal belief in God’s ability to change lives.
● Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time, depending on work task.
● Work will be performed in a school environment.
● Willingness to be outside with students during recess/breaks.
● Clear need to understand and lead efforts in child and school safety
● Ability to move from task to task, efficiently and take direction from others, as necessary.